Your First VisitWe are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office.
Linda J. Krebs, DDS, PhD
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- Some basic treatment information will be provided.
- Do any primary or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
In most cases, we are able to review the specifics of treatment and begin initiation of treatment at the visit following the records appointment. However, in some cases, either due to the complexity of the case or the needs of the patient or family, an additional treatment discussion will be scheduled after the full treatment plan is formulated, in order to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements in more depth. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Your smile - Our passion - Your life.
Come meet us and you’ll see how we provide personal orthodontic care, utilizing the most up to date and aesthetic techniques to create beautiful smiles and healthy bites.